CHD Chicago RESULTS
The Windy City's first-ever Comedy Hack Day was also the first experiment with a community-organized CHD. Those of us back at Cultivated Wit HQ could only peer into their Slack activity like some creepy Peeping Toms who get off on leering at file transfers and "Food's here!" announcements.
The biggest news out of CHD Chicago was a universally successful event. Every product created is insanely well-done and hilarious, and the event it self seemed to be lots of fun for dozens of super talented developers, comedians, and designers. We owe a gigantic token of gratitude to the eight event organizers (listed below) who made the event possible. They turned a hodgepodge of Google Docs, Keynote files, and "advice" into a really stellar Comedy Hack Day.
So check out those organizers and become their digi-friend. Then check out all the amazing creations from this event. And finally, check out Glemns: For Now AND Also For Later!
CHD Chicago was organized independently—with a little bit of guidance from us—by the bright, mostly smiling faces you see below (and also the rest of their non-face parts).
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Audience Favorite Winner
Kristen Toomey is one of the fastest-rising comedians in her hometown of Chicago. She is smart, quick witted and brutally honest. @KristenToomey
FULL CHD SCHEDULE
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3
- Show up at the Cards Against Humanity office (1917 N Elston Ave) for bagels and coffee
- Morning: We introduce ourselves and pitch ideas. Teams form.
- Afternoon: We get crackin’ making stuff.
- Night: The crackin’ continues, with beer.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4
- Morning: We resume work and also there's breakfast.
- Afternoon: Finish up the hacking, start working on your presentations.
- Night: We move to the Cards Against Humanity Theater. Guests join us, there are presentations in front of cool judges, and one of you is declared a winner.